I’m sure this isn’t really much of a challenge for you, but I’d like to see what other people think and how many different ideas there are. The question is: “Imagine trying to fit at least one small act of kindness into every day. What kinds of things could you do to achieve this goal?”
It’s so simple, just think about what you’d like to have done for you! Let’s see what we can come up with and believe me, I don’t profess to have all the answers but I’ll start.
- My first one has to be to tell someone you love them.
- Offer a word of encouragement.
- Be sure to thank someone for something they have done for you.
- Offer to help a friend or co-worker with a task.
- Open the door for someone and give them a big smile and say hello.
- Send a card for no reason, just to let them know you’re thinking about them.
- Fix a family’s evening meal for a new mom or someone who’s sick, had surgery, etc.
- Obviously, visit the sick and elderly.
- Offer to babysit so another couple can have a “date night”.
Like I said, this is just a small beginning. I’d love to hear what you have to say even if it’s just one. I wonder how many we can get. If you’d like, leave your info in Mr. Linky and post your answers in your blog. That way, everyone can come see what you said. Or you can leave me a comment. If the number of responses is good, I’ll post the results in another entry. Thanks in advance if you decide to participate.